Every Thursday, our pastors gather to pray for the needs and concerns of our churches, our communities, our families and our nation. We meet at 10:30 AM and locations change weekly. Here is the schedule for January & February:
From Stuart Lang, GBMB State Missionary, Disaster Response:
I think we can all whisper a prayer of thanksgiving that Florence was not as bad as predicted. That being said, continue to pray as waters continue to rise in the Carolinas. Rivers have still not crested, which means we still do not know the full impact of the storm. Here's what I do know:
* I have received ZERO requests for needs in GA. If you know of needs, please let us know.
* Our feeding kitchen will not be needed in South Carolina.
* We are still on standby for feeding in western NC, VA, or WV. American Red Cross is very concerned the mountainous regions of these 3 states may yet see flooding.
* Randy, my counterpart in SC, anticipates the end of this week AT THE EARLIEST before clean-up efforts can really begin.
Some of you are probably wondering why other state DR ministries have deployed to NC but we have not deployed anywhere. Here's the simple answer. We (GA) committed to SC and were the only state to do so. At the time of that commitment, Florence appeared to have SC in its crosshairs, and no one would have imagined the lack of feeding need in SC. For 2-3 days, we were thinking Florence may even come into GA via Savannah which would have impacted our ability to help SC. Other states committed to NC just like we committed to SC. As it all turns out, NC sustained the brunt of the damage and will require the most out-of-state help.
Here are some practical ways you can help:
* Pray for those affected as they return to their houses and begin to rebuild.
* Pray for those families who lost loved ones.
* Pray for SBC DR efforts as they continue to ramp up over coming days and weeks.
* Discourage the collection of donations unless you have someone on the receiving end ready to receive and distribute those goods.
* Encourage your churches to attend one of our upcoming DR Orientations: 10/6 in Moultrie and 10/11 in Carrollton. Information and registration available at www.gbcdisasterrelief.org<http://www.gbcdisasterrelief.org>.
Stuart Lang, DMin
Georgia Baptist Mission Board
July 2 - Finance Committee Meeting, 10AM, at the Baptist Center, 1120 Marks Church Road, Augusta
July 4 - Office Closed for Independence Holiday
July 9 - Broad Street Ministry Center Board Meeting, 3:30PM, at the Broad Street Ministry Center, 20 Broad St, Augusta
July 12 - Augusta Mission Center Board Meeting, 11:45AM, at the Augusta Mission Center, 2877 Lumpkin Road, Augusta
June 1-2 – Appalachian Summit at the Augusta Mission Center, 2877 Lumpkin Road, Augusta
June 3 – Missionaries & Ministers from West Virginia will be speaking in area Churches
June 4 – Finance Committee Meeting, 10AM, at Pineview Baptist Church, 117 Pleasant Home Road, Augusta
June 4 – Executive Committee Meeting at Pineview Baptist Church, 117 Pleasant Home Road, Augusta,
Fellowship – 10:30AM; Meeting – 11AM
June 7 – AMC Board Meeting, 11:45AM, at the Augusta Mission Center
May 1 Truck Loading for GA Baptist Children's Home, 10 AM-12 PM, at Martinez Baptist Church
May 2 Truck Loading for GA Baptist Children's Home, 9 AM - 12 PM, at Calvary Baptist Church
May 2 Ministry Assistants Luncheon - 12:30 PM, at The Baptist Center
May 3 Augusta Mission Center Board Meeting - 11:45 AM, at the Augusta Mission Center
May 7 Finance Committee Meeting - 10 AM, at The Baptist Center
May 8 Pathways - 10:30 AM, at The Baptist Center
May 16 Round Table Discussion Group - 10 AM, at The Baptist Center
May 17 Fellowship of Ministers of Music - 12:15 PM - location to be announced
May 22 Planning Meeting for Mission Labs - 10 AM, at The Augusta Mission Center
May 28 Memorial Day, Association Office Closed
Appalachian Mission Summit
“Inspirational! Informative! Involving Impactful Missions Opportunities”
Augusta Mission Center - 2877 Lumpkin Road - Augusta, GA 30906
Friday, June 1, 2018 from 5:30-8PM. Dinner served at 6PM.
After Glow with refreshments following the Summit.
Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 8AM – 12PM (Continental Breakfast served at 7:30AM)
Sunday, June 3, 2018 – Missionaries speaking in Augusta Churches
Cost: $20.00 per person
Information and Registration Contact: Gail Griner or Cyndy Lifsey
To register on-line, go to theaugustabaptistassociation.org/register
The Baptist Center: 706-736-8705 Deadline to register: May 24, 2018